- Japanese game maker Square Enix Holdings has acquired Eidos Plc, the publisher of Tomb Raider, in a paper deal worth £84.3 million.
- Specialist insurer Beazley Group has acquired First State Management Group, a US underwriting manager specialising in surplus lines commercial property insurance, for up to$35 million (£31 million) in cash.
- MMC Ventures has topped up its investment in retail financial services provider Small World Financial Services Group with a £2 million cash injection. The company first received £2.4 million of funding from MMC in 2007.
- Source: Hedgeweek.com
- North sea and Egypt-focused Dana Petroleum has agreed to buy Toronto-listed Bow Valley Energy in a £122 million deal.
- Cheshire-based project management company Projen has been bought by its managing director in a multi-million pound deal backed by The Co-operative Bank.
- Phibro Animal Health, a global manufacturer and marketer of animal health and nutrition products, has announced that its subsidiary Prince Agri Products, Inc. has agreed to acquire the trace mineral business of US Baltzell Agri Products for $24 million (£17 million). Assets acquired include $11 million of working capital plus manufacturing plant and equipment and intangible assets valued in total at approximately $13 million.
Deals in the Pipeline
CDC Software, a subsidiary of CDC Corp and a provider of enterprise software applications and business services, has agreed to buy WKD Solutions, a Surrey-based supplier of supply chain event management and business activity monitoring services. The size of the deal has not been disclosed.