Edward Mellor rescued

Manchester-based estate agency Edward Mellor has been rescued by its founder's son. For more deal headlines click here.

Done Deals

  • Manchester-based estate agency Edward Mellor has been rescued by its founder’s son. Colin Mellor has paid an undisclosed sum for the trading name and business assets of the company. Source: PropertyWeek.com
  • Global recruitment consultancy Harvey Nash has acquired Warsaw-based recruiter Fila & Myszel Associates in a deal that will extend its footprint into Poland. Harvey Nash has acquired a 75 per cent interest in the company for up to £500,000. Under the terms of the agreement, Harvey Nash will buy the remaining 25 per cent in cash and shares in 2014.
  • Small World Financial Services Group, a family of retail financial services businesses that operates worldwide, has secured £2 million from existing investor MMC Ventures, a venture capital firm with £70 million under management.
  • Tenon Group Plc, the AIM-listed adviser to entrepreneurs and business recovery specialists, has announced the acquisition of HWSEG, a medical accountant and tax adviser, for an undisclosed sum.
  • MySapient, a virtual gaming site set to go live later this year, has received £610,000 in a funding round led by NorthStar Equity Investors.

Deals in the Pipeline

  • ECI Partners-backed Axell Wireless has announced that it will acquire Dekolink, an Israeli competitor focused on wireless coverage services in the cellular and public safety markets. The deal will give the ECI portfolio company a broader technology offering, more customers and access to the North American, Central and Latin American markets.
  • 3i-owned Civica, an IT software company, has announced that Civica Pty, the company’s wholly owned subsidiary, has acquired Queensland-based Practical Computer Services and electionz.com in New Zealand. The acquisitions will position Civica as one of the largest suppliers of software and services to local government in the region.
  • Mike Ashley, the billionaire owner of Sports Direct, has made a preliminary takeover approach for Blacks Leisure. Ashley faces competition from private equity group Lion Capital for the UK outdoor clothing and equipment chain. Source: The Times

Nick Britton

Nick Britton

Nick was the Managing Editor for growthbusiness.co.uk when it was owned by Vitesse Media, before moving on to become Head of Investment Group and Editor at What Investment and thence to Head of Intermediary...

Related Topics

Early Stage Funding