The investor group was led by private equity firms, Lansdowne Capital and Claver Capital. The acquisition valued Containental at in excess of £10 million.
Other Done Deals
- CVS, a UK provider of veterinary services, has acquired four-surgery practice The Village Animal Hospital based in Caterham, with branches in Redhill, Oxted and Smallfield. The terms of the deal were undisclosed.
- IMI, an Indian provider of mobile value added services for content providers, mobile operators and media agencies has acquired dx3, a UK-based digital content delivery services provider for an undisclosed sum.
- DM Plc, a database marketing, gamecard and direct mail supplier, has acquired a 70 per cent stake in market research firm Data Locator Group for an undisclosed sum.
- Nottingham-based games developer Monumental Games has bought Swordfish Studios Manchester, one of two main branches of rival Swordfish Studios. The terms of the deal were undisclosed.
- London-based consultancy firm Garner has acquired consultancy Norman Broadbent, also based in London, for £5.5 million.
- Estate Agents & Retail firm Bradshaw, Farnham & Lea has acquired the property management and auction operations of Liverpool-based property advisors Venmore Partnership for undisclosed terms.
- Stride Treglown Architects of Bristol has merged with Tektus Architects of Bath to create a combined architectural group trading as Stride Treglown Tektus.
- South Yorkshire-based coal mining company UK Coal has announced a collaboration agreement with Peel Energy, part of the Peel Group, to develop wind farms on up to 14 of its sites.
- Torque Tension Systems has secured debt worth £5 million to develop its Northumberland-based tool-making business. The expansion will include new offices in the Middle East and Eastern Europe.
- Avon Rubber has sold its Westbury-based rubber mixing facility to ATR Compounding for £2 million, with the transfer of nine staff.
- Waters & Robson, the Northumberland-based producer of Abbey Well mineral water with 91 staff, has been acquired by Coca-Cola for an undisclosed sum.
- Anglia Healthcare Systems, a Norwich-based provider of software and services to the NHS, has been acquired by Sunquest Information Systems of the US.
- Schefenacker, a German maker of rear view mirrors for vehicles, could be sold to a strategic buyer by the end of the month, according to sources familiar with the situation.
- Nottingham-based Pendragon is looking to sell Pinnacle, a Sussex-based supplier of back-office management software to vehicle dealers, for some £60 million.
- RDF Media, a TV production company incorporated in England and Wales, is considering plans for a £50 million management buy-out.