CEO Jake Wombwell-Povey outlines how the company has grown over the past year and goals for the future.
From the first round of Tech Invest four short years ago to now, 19 of the presenting companies have raised funding, two floated on AIM and two have been acquired. GrowthBusiness presents the top 13 Tech Innovators of the year.
Goji – a snapshot
Goji empowers peer-to-peer lending by providing investors access to new markets and products including ISAs and pensions. Goji works on an API-based technology that integrates with platforms’ existing frameworks. Goji is building an offering to institutional investors to provide clients with easily investable options into marketplace lending.
Based in: London
Founded in: 2015
No. of employees: 10
Presenting at Tech Invest: Jake Wombwell-Povey, CEO
Jake drives Goji’s strategy and manages relationships with its partner platforms and investment intermediaries. Prior to Goji Jake advised some of the largest UK P2P lending platforms, FinTech and wealth management firms during five years as an adviser at Grant Thornton. Jake is a chartered accountant and adviser to UK Crowdfunding Association.
Inside track with Jake Wombwell-Povey
I would get out to my target audience faster – I spent too long theorising about how, what and when – and I should have been speaking to as many people as possible to find out why things are or aren’t compelling for them.
Ultimate business motto?
Fail fast – but always plan for the worst so you’re prepared when you do inevitably fail.
What motivates your team?
Ping pong…and an absolute belief in the ‘mission’ knowing that we’re learning every step of the way and so, if we don’t have all the tools today, it’s within our power to get hold of them and succeed.
- Innovative Finance ISA proposition
- Transaction, execution and investment administration
- Goji has built a SaaS, white-label, API-integrated ISA administration platform. The platform offers peer-to-peer lenders an efficient and low cost ISA capability.
- Raised £400,000 of seed funding
- Development of core investment administration technology platform and interface
- Received first users across the platform
- FCA authorisation
- Launch of outsourced SIPP capability (possibly through third party, possibly in house)
- Launch of multi-platform ISA & SIPP
- UK Crowdfunding Association
- International Association for Alternative Finance
- Nick Eatock, Executive Chairman of Intelliflo: an adviser administration platform to c.14,000 IFAs (c.£250bn AuA)
- Cocoon Wealth: a major investor in Novia, a £6bn AuM wrap platform
- Steve Hare, CFO, The Sage Group Plc
20-22 Wenlock Road, London, N1 7GU
Tel: +44 (0)79318 18340