The buy-out involves the London-based team and the business will revert back to its original name, Talbot Hughes McKillop. The terms of the deal were undisclosed.
Other Done Deals
- Wincanton, a European supply chain provider, has agreed to merge its chilled consolidation activities in the UK with Culina Logistics, a provider of chilled logistics services to the food and drink industry, which has nine distribution centres across the UK. The terms of the deal were undisclosed.
- Amino Technologies, a Cambridge-based broadband network software and systems group, has signed a sales and purchase agreement for the acquisition of Sweden-based Tilgin AB’s IPTV set-top box division for an initial consideration of SEK30 million (£2.5 million) in cash.
- Terex Corp, a US maker of capital equipment for construction and infrastructure development, has acquired Fantuzzi Group, a Luxembourg/Italian maker of container-handling equipment, for undisclosed terms.
- Cheshire-based Delamere Dairy has secured £3.5 million from GE Commercial Finance’s Business Finance unit to help strengthen its European offering.
- Indian Packaging firm Ess Dee Aluminium has acquired a majority stake in ailing India Foils, a Vedanta Group firm, for an undisclosed sum.
Deals in the pipeline
- British private equity fund BC Funds, managed by CIE Management II and active across Europe, will acquire Germany’s Starkstrom Geratebau, a manufacturer of electrical power transformers. The terms of the deal were undisclosed.
- Ardeshir Naghshineh, an Iranian developer with a 10 per cent stake in Woolworths, has announced his opposition to retail restructuring chain Hilco’s £1 offer for the 800-store retail division and the group’s debt.
- IBM plans to acquire Transitive Corporation, a private technology company headquartered in Los Gatos, California, with a research and development team in Manchester, UK. The financial terms were not disclosed.
- Britain’s Business Post has announced that it would be “open” to consolidating the delivery industry if its smaller rivals struggle in the downturn.
- German solar energy company SolarWorld has made an offer to General Motors for its German unit Adam Opel.