mokono operates as a German blog network and social media advertising platform.
Vasco Sommer-Nunes and Florian Wilken, Co-founders and Managing Directors of mokono, will continue to manage the company’s operations and staff from its headquarters in Berlin.
The acquisition adds blog networks across 13 European countries and Canada adding 14 million unique monthly users across its 700,000 registered blogs to Populis’s network of online media properties. Included in the deal are www.blog.co.uk and www.blog.de.
Included in the acquisition is mokono’s social advertising platform, which provides advertisers with a single access to a wide range of highly-customisable social advertising solutions such as social ads, videoseeding or product reviews across the mokono network and its affiliated blog portals.
‘We are delighted to welcome mokono to the Populis Group. The strategic acquisition reinforces Populis’s leadership in the production of multilingual vertical content and greatly increases its presence in key European markets such as Germany and the UK,’ said Luca Ascani, Co-Founder and Chairman of Populis.
Round up of other M&A Deals:
- Shine, the News Corp owned production company, will acquire social gaming team Bossa Studios
- Genpact is to acquire EmPower Research, an integrated media and business research company with strong capabilities in social media research, media monitoring and measurement.
Advisers: The Jordan, Edmiston Group, Veda Corporate Advisors
- Mountain News Corporation, publisher of OnTheSnow, has acquired North American ski report website SkiReport.com
- DS Smith subsidery DS Smith paper business will enter into a binding legal agreement for the sale of its Higher Kings Mill paper mill in the United Kingdom to Asia File Corporation Berhad
Value: £4.6 million
- Cellfish, a mobile and social application publisher, has acquired Bandsintown, the concert tracking and discovery application on Facebook
- Match.com, an operating business of IAC, will purchase a 20 per cent interest in Zhenai, a provider of online matchmaking services in China
Advisers: Cowen Latitude