Crowdcube has become the first business-focused crowdfunding platform to raise £100m for its users, the company has announced.
Since launching in February 2011 it has helped 290 businesses to raise capital through its community of around 200,000 registered investors. In 2015 alone more than £50m has been raised by 109 businesses.
The platform currently has a 52% market share of the business crowdfunding market and 70,000 new users have signed up this year alone. A dozen companies have reached the £1m mark when they have launched campaigns on the site. They include:
- JustPark’s pioneering parking app backed by Index Ventures and BMW i Ventures raised £3.7 million in March 2015.
- Award-winning Camden Town Brewery raised £2.4 million to help fund building a new brewery in London.
- Sugru got stuck in by raising £3.4 million to expand markets globally for its mouldable adhesive and attracted an investment of £1 million, the largest single investment to date from an existing member of the crowd.
- Former top executives from Zoopla, eBay and Gumtree raised £2 million for Adzuna, the VC-backed job site listed as one of London’s top 10 hottest start-ups.
- The world-renowned Eden Project secured £1.5 million in just 20 hours to build new educational facilities.
- easyProperty, the most recent addition to Sir Stelios’ easyGroup secured £1.4 million seed capital in 2014.