- Bunge, a US-based agribusiness and food company, has acquired the margarine business of Finland-based food company Raisio for €80 million (£71.2 million).
- Dallas-based technology business Texas Instruments Inc. has acquired Austin-based rival Luminary Micro Inc. The terms of the acquisition were not disclosed.
- RM Plc, an Oxfordshire-based provider of education services, has acquired local rival Isis Concepts for up to £2.69 million.
- Shanks Group Plc, a European environmental company that provides sustainable waste management services to the public and private sectors, has agreed to sell its 50 per cent stake in Avondale Environmental Services to Landmedia, its joint venture partner.
- Massachusetts-based management software company Emptoris has acquired the contract and service management solutions and business from Chicago-based rival Click Commerce. The terms of the deal were not disclosed.
- Newport-based subsea systems manufacturer Atlas Elektronik UK has acquired the underwater systems business (UWS) of Qinetiq, a London-based defence consultancy firm, for £23.5 million.
- Pennsylvania-based tool manufacturer Kennametal has acquired Brazil-based metal appliances manufacturer ROMICRON. The terms of the deal were not disclosed.
- Tracerco, a Billingham-based provider of process diagnostics, has acquired Belgium-based Process Vision Services, a specialist in identifying problems within the petroleum and chemical industries. The terms of the deal have not been revealed.